How to change donor information on a contribution after it has been made
Find out how to update donor information on a contribution after the transaction has already been made.
On some occasions, you may find that a donor requests to have their information changed after they’ve already made a contribution to your fundraiser. For instance, your donor may have made a typo or entered the wrong mailing address. We’ve made it easy for you, the campaign organizer, to edit the following fields after a transaction has been made:
- Who receives credit for the donation
- Per-unit pledge and maximum amount (for A-thon campaigns)
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Responses in custom fields
- Donation honoree (used if the donor would like their name to show differently, or not at all, on the campaign page)
Here’s how to alter a previous transaction:
- Click on my campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click view transactions*.
- Hover your mouse over the donation you wish to edit.
- Click on the 3-dot icon at the right of the line.
- Click edit transaction*.
- Click save.
To change the name of the donor, click transaction honor and enter the name that the donor would like to appear.
Good to know:
- All information collected from the donor can be edited here. This information will vary depending on the campaign type and information collected in the campaign.
- Donors can also edit this information from their account. (learn more)
*Note: Terminology on these buttons may be different according to the terminology that you’ve chosen for your campaign.