Add a notice for donors in the checkout process
Learn how to highlight any special rules or conditions on your campaign so donors can find important information easily.
In some cases, you may have important terms and requirements for your campaign that you would like to highlight for donors. The checkout process is an ideal place for capturing donors’ attention with this information. A step can be added in the checkout process to highlight certain need-to-know details for donors. We have also provided an option for donors to click a box agreeing to the terms set forth. They would then need to check this box to advance to the next step. Here are some circumstances under which this feature might come in handy:
- eligibility issue
- age requirement
- geographic region restriction
- specific rules
- must be present to win
How to add a notice:
- Click my campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of the campaign. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click edit campaign*.
- Click advanced options on the timeline at the top.
- Click checkout options.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled, Do you want to show donors a notice before they submit their donation?
- Enter the information you want to display.
- Optionally, check the box if you want donors to acknowledge that they have read and agree to the information.
- Click save at the bottom of the page.
Here is an example of how this will look in the checkout process:
Good to know:
- This notice will show in the checkout process before the payment is submitted.
* Note: This terminology may be different depending on your campaign settings.