How to customize the link to your personal or team fundraising page
Learn how to edit the link to a personal or team fundraising page to reflect your name or a specific team name.
For campaigns with team fundraising enabled, teams and individual participants can generate their own unique links for their fundraising pages. This feature is particularly useful for exclusively member- and team-driven fundraisers. Participants can share custom links which are easier to share with donors, since there’s no need to type in a complicated URL.
This setting can be accessed wherever members and teams are created, including checkout and campaign management (within the view teams/view members pages). Participants, teams, and campaign organizers can all access this feature; we’ve provided steps for each option below.
Participants and teams
When you register for a fundraiser, you can access the option to create a custom URL in the registration checkout.
This option will become visible on the box where you enter your information, shown below:
This link will also appear on the email receipt you receive.
From your RallyUp account
If you choose to complete this step later, you can also create a custom link later, after you’ve already registered. Simply navigate to my account in your RallyUp account and completing the following steps:
- Click on my account (the circle in upper right of the screen with your initials).
- Click on the my members tab.
- Hover your mouse over the name and click the 3-dot icon at the far right of the line.
- Click edit.
- Enter the personalized section on the link at the bottom of the box.
- Click save.
- Click on my campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click view participants* or view teams* depending on what type of link you are editing.
- Hover your mouse over the participant or team you are looking for.
- Click the pencil icon at the far right of the line.
- Enter the personalized section of the link at the bottom of the box.
- Click save.
Good to know:
- If a team member or individual participant doesn’t add a custom link, the standard random-generated link will be given to that member/team.
- When adding a custom link, the original random-generated link will still work. In other words, if a team member or individual participant has already shared out the old link before changing it to the new link, the old link AND the new link will both work.
*Note: Terminology on these buttons may be different according to the terminology that you’ve chosen for your campaign.