Can I change the start date of my campaign?
If you want your campaign to start on a particular date, RallyUp gives you that ability!
As the campaign organizer, you may want to start your fundraiser on a future date instead of the day you get everything set up within the RallyUp system. Why would you want to do that? There are a few reasons!
- You may be having a fundraising event and wish to kick everything off closer to the time of your event.
- You may be having back-to-back fundraisers and wish to launch your next campaign only after your current campaign has ended.
- You are so excited about running your fundraiser online that you end up getting it all set up weeks before it’s supposed to happen (no procrastinators in this house!)
If you choose not to delay your campaign after setting it up, it will launch immediately, and you can begin raising money for your cause right away. But, if you’d like to start your campaign later, we’ve made it simple to begin on the date that works best for you.
How to enter the start date of your campaign
Choosing the campaign start date begins during set up within the ‘Basics’ step:
- Click on My Campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have selected a grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click Edit Campaign*.
- Click Basics in the timeline at the top and scroll down to this box
After you click ‘Publish,’ a pop-up with start date information selected will appear. In the pop-up is information on how to change what you have previously set, such as:
How to change the start date
If you’ve published your campaign with a future start date and would like to change the start date, it’s super easy to do! All you need to do is:
- Go to My Campaigns on the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, hover your mouse over the campaign title and click the three-dot menu on the right. If you have selected a grid view, click on the three-dot menu under the campaign image.
- Click Edit Start Date to set a new date.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
What if I want to change my start date after the campaign is live?
If you publish your campaign and decide that you want to start it later, contact our customer success team so they can freeze your fundraiser. Freezing a campaign ensures no further transactions will occur. When you want to resume the fundraiser, contact us again, and we can unfreeze it.
Need more help?
We’re here for you! Our team is available via chat on our website during regular business hours. Just hit the orange message button in the bottom right of your screen.